Aervoe paint questions

From: James Stead (gadget@EasyPath.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 12:40:19 PDT

    I recently painted my Deuce with Gillespie '383' cut down with xylene,
using an HVLP gun. I'm very happy with the way it came out. The paint layers
went on easy, dried to the touch in 15-20 minutes and seemed "done" (hard)
sometime the next day after painting. I put on two layers in about an hour,
then waited about 24 hours before putting on some more. I was painting
outdoors on some nice spring days.
    I'm want to paint my dad's MB to be ready for Memorial day. We're
painting indoors now, and it's going to be raining for days. He bought
Arevoe paint and their medium thinner. According to the label re-coats must
be done within 2 hours or else we have to wait 72 hours! (Gillespie was 16).
Since we haven't even started the masking and other prep, it sounds like I'm
going to paint all the layers in one day.
    Does anyone have experience with both paint brands? Can I expect similar
results to what I got from the Gillespie paint? Any "tricks" to Aervoe that
it would help me to know?

Thanks,
Jim