Re: [MV] Overdrive for an M-151A2?

From: Bobby Joe Pendleton II (bobbyjoe@chartertn.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 09:21:53 PDT

I can't think of any way without adding an overdrive unit and shorting the
drive shaft. I doubt if a MUTT would have enough power to pull it's self
along with any final drive greater than 1:1 unless it was going 70+MPH. The
little 4 cylinder engine just doesn't have enough rotating mass to produce
power at low RPM. V8s have a lot of rotating mass and so does the OLD style
6 cylinder engines and can lug around and still move the vehicle. What are
you trying to achieve? My M151A1 will run 60 MPH all day long, gets good
fuel mileage.

Bobby Joe Pendleton II
MVPA #17657