Re: [MV] Detroit Lockers on M35

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 12:35:59 PDT

Not a good idea to put DL's in front drives - steering becomes pretty damned
impossible and unpredictable. If you have to use a front locker (not a
limited slip - even though those have their own idiosyncracies), use one of
the air or cable or linkage manually actuated ones.

Then practice with it - slippery side slopes, such as in off camber mud
situations can become pretty hairy.

Greg
Vista, CA

Best damned Rhodesian Ridgeback in the world:
(and not just because she bit Mark P. in the leg..)
Mzirand. 2.27.90-4.17.01
RIP