Re: [MV] rust inhibitor

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 22:52:44 PDT

Here is my 2 cents:

First use a cup wire brush on an angle grinder to get all the rough rust off,

then spread on some naval jelly, let is soak in for about 24 hours, next wash
it off,
dry it, and spray on some rustoleum paint primer, and then a second coat for
safe keeping.

This is not the purist way but it works very well. I preped some steel tables
this
way that came from the quarter master corps, and after 10 years being left
out in the
rain, they are still rust free.

Bruce MVPA 23824