Re: [MV] Detroit Lockers on M35

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 07:10:57 PDT

>I thought that lockers are "transparent" if not engaged, so what's wrong
>with having them in the front?

If not engaged then you would never even know it was there. But with it
engaged, I'm refering to my M715, in a turn you will basically have both
inside tires or both outside tires driving or coasting, if you try to turn
under conditions like that your asking one of the front tires to start
sliding on the road because it is basically locked to the same side tire on
the rear. Hard to explain but I will tell you that it would have taken
Tarzan plus power steering to have been able to turn the wheel enough to
have turned into my driveway with the front engaged. Now if I was not on the
road, or if there was some loose sand or something on the road, it would not
have been so noticable.

later,

je