Re: [MV] Mess kit answer

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 04:55:31 PDT

Don't know the answer to your quesrion...but in the navy we didn't have
mess gear...we used those stainless steel trays. I have a stack of 'em
and occasionally break them out...and my minds eye drifts back to first
time marines at sea trying to keep the tray, cup and silverware in front
of them. Sorry if this offended some of you cause you been there and
done that. If they still had chow left after we had our laugh...we had
to show them how to wet a napkin and put under their tray. If I say
anymore about those guys...they'll remind me that the navy was taxicab
drivers for the marine corps...but, you know...if there was ever a
drunken brawl in some far off em club...they were always on our
side...and when they took their belts off...it meant they were extremely
outnumbered. Fred Martin