M35 Battery box

From: Markeson, Keith (kmarkeso@chartermi.net)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 10:18:01 PDT

Has anyone got a source for a NOS or at least
rust/corrosion free battery box for the M35?

My 6TL's finally bit the bullet and I decided to do the
same and spring for new 6TL's. When I took my old
batteries out most of the bottom of the box came with them.
 Is there a plastic box used now or is the military still
using steel boxes in the M35A3? It seems that plastic
nowadays would be a bit longer lasting when exposed to
acid, salt, water, etc.

Any help/comments are appreciated as always,
Keith Markeson
1971 M35A2
1959 M105A1