RE: [MV] Detroit Lockers with Locking Hubs

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 02:27:40 PDT

Hi all

It sounds to me like the best option overall is to put Detroit Lockers
on both rear axles, and then an air engaging Locker in the front with
lockout hubs. My reasoning for the option for disengaging the front
locker is that off road you really want front wheel drive engaged and
your lockout hubs engaged but there will be times when the steering
effect of the Detroit when engaged could be an issue, but it would be
very useful to be able to engage it on an air shift from the cab at
times.

I agree that the Detroit Locker should not cause any effect on the
steering with front wheel drive disengaged and with Lockout Hubs, but I
can also see times when you wouldn't want it interfering with your
steering off road by being always engaged.

Many thanks for everyone's input on this subject :-)
Mike
Michael Goodden
The Global Tipi Adventure
http://TheTipi.com