Re: [MV] lug nuts safety

From: Markeson, Keith (kmarkeso@chartermi.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 08:35:01 PDT

I agree completely. Last Friday I had the drivers side
front duals come off. The duals were still together, the
outer budd nuts were tight but the inner budd nuts came
loose from the wheel studs. Luckily I cought it before
they came all the way off (there was still one budd nut
holding on) but it still made for some excitement with
9000# of cement in the back of the truck. I also had the
chance to check my rear wheel bearings while I was taking
it apart to replace all the wheel studs that were fubard in
the incidet. When I cecked the rest of the lugs the other
side of the same axle wasn't loose but i wasn't as tight as
I would have liked.

Overall it was not a fun experience and I don't reccomend
it, so check those lugs!

Keith Markeson
1971 M35A2
1959 M105A1