Primer question

From: enallin (enallin@bedford.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 19:12:23 PDT

Hi all, progressing very slowly with the deuce- new wheel for the spare, new
insulated canvas top for cab, and new oil pressure gauge so far. Time to
paint (finally) so I can get Pa.antique tags. Three more questions: 1) Truck
is moderately rusty, few areas of rust-through but many of flaking paint.
Advantages of sandblasting versus just wire brushing? 2) Can I use epoxy
primer (PPG off brand) with Gillespie paint? Local guy who will be painting
likes the epoxy, and it would save a bundle in shipping. 3) Someone
mentioned a Pa. place to buy Gillespie paint. Anyone familiar with this?
Thanks again and God bless! Gene