Re: [MV] Cargo tie-downs needed

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 12:35:59 PDT

Hi Kenny...

I'm glad you asked! ;)

As you probably already kow, the initial Extended NSN Search feature
at MILDOCS.COM will (soon) allow you to input any NSN, NIIN or FSN
number (with or without spaces or dashes so it is easy to copy and
paste from your source document such as a TM) and see the full
information available about that part. It is being completed now. I
hope to launch it to you all within a week (I know I said that before
but we want it to be right before we release it).

On a related note, I'm happy to say that we just secured official
access to the complete and full NSN database. Previously we were
using other non-official sources for the information which works well
but not as good as it will be now. Once we get the full database into
the MILDOCS.COM search engine database, not only will you be able to
search for the NSN and get all the information you have seen in my
posts, but you will also be able to do reverse searches by keyword or
any other information in the database! We will also be able to
provide you with even more information than the initial Extended NSN
Search provides. The enhancements to the NSN Search will be free to
subscribers.

We are also working on an NSN Image Search which will actually display
images along with all the other data for most NSN numbered parts! I
can't say much about this yet but it appears that we will be able to
offer it soon. Depending on our cost for the data, it will probably
also be free to subscribers as part of the $19.95/year subscription.
If our costs are higher than we can absorb, we may charge a small
extra fee for the image display capability...we'll have to wait and
see.

So I would say within a week we will release the initial Extended NSN
Search to you all to try for free for a day or two, then make it part
of the basic subscription after that period.

I will announce it on the MV list when it is ready...there are
literally about 50 people who have emailed saying that they will
subscribe to MILDOCS.COM when the Extended NSN search is ready!

And hopefully you all are not getting sick of my semi-commercial
postings! I sincerely hope that the products I am offering are of
true benefit to you all in the MV community!

In June 2003 we will be adding a MILDOCS.COM monthly subscription
pricing level at $3.95 per month. It is still a much better deal to
choose the yearly subscription at $19.95/year because you save over
$27 a year. However, some people want to use it just a little bit and
this will accommodate them better.

Because of the tremendous response from people on this list, we have
exceeded our average daily subscription goal since we released
MILDOCS.COM on 28 April 2003. As a result, we have just contracted
for ongoing monthly advertisements for MILDOCS.COM in Military
Vehicles Magazine and in their Web Site Directory special edition
booklet included in the next issue!

Thanks for all of your subscriptions to MILDOCS.COM and your support!
The MILDOCS.COM project transition into the private sector to serve
all of you has been a true pleasure for us!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com