Re: Own your very own aircraft carrier!

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 14:27:32 PDT

>Would the government even ALLOW me own an aircraft carrier like that?

I would think so, but it would have to meet all the requirements of a
ship that size. The US Navy sells ships off for MUCH less money (couple
hundred thousand) with requirements that the ships be scrapped.

>I wonder what the mooring fees would be.. ;-)

I don't even want to think of how much a berth would cost for something
that big! Not to mention the insurance, fuel, crew, etc. Hell, it
probably would cost $2 million just to give it a new paintjob!

Steve