Re: [MV] MV COMM-NET

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 07:36:54 PDT

I can only speak for myself on the ham radio deal but I just have no interest
in these gadgets. I can't afford to have 2 hobbies and any money spent on
radios takes away from my trucks. Now if the license is $6.00 and I can get a
decent radio for the same $49.00 as the FRS, then I would have to reconsider.
Maybe I'm just not informed. What does a 2 Meter ham radio cost? Can it be
networked with the VIC1? I think there is a time for a wide open frequency and a
time for a frequency that is well used. This is only opinion and not a
suggestion for the list.
Kenny