Re: [MV] MV COMM-NET

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 12:59:21 PDT

I drive an M151A2 with a PRC-77 hooked to the vehicle through an AM2060
amplifier base. Give me vehicle mounted or man-portable ham radio
communications. In the jeep I use a CVC helmet with the standard vehicular
split pigtail coil cord and I am able to drive, cut out the jeep and wind
noise, and talk to the convoy. Helmet has goggles in case of a lot of bugs!
Works great. Like Don says, looks cool too, but you probably have to be
odgreen oriented for that statement to really apply.

The interest in our club has really taken off! They may not all get them at
the same time, but given time I would feel safe in saying the majority of
the club will have their HAM tickets in a year. Once they see you using it
and see how much fun and easier it is, they just want to play along as well.

As for geeking looking guys at HAM markets. Yeah, I have seen them also.
Does not mean that the FCC removes your fashion sense when issued a license,
or smacks you with a geek mallet or something. How you look to the public
is your choice. Ain't it great in America!
David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA #18115
M-151A2
KCØNZN