Re: [MV] MV COMM-NET

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 16:24:50 PDT

Mr Negative, not me!

Just 50k + miles in an HMV many of them in 'convoy' with
friends.

We have just one Ham in any of our club convoys. He got his ticket
about 5 years ago. He is still the only one in our clubs typical convoy.
We usually have N-1 vehicles with CB's (or a working one). We tried
the mixed radios (CB and Business UHF) too.

My guys are resourceful with HMVs. With radios, they can be cheap,
or just plain don't GAS. The ONLY reason I am even considering a
ticket is because of the BC-610 in the K51. Of course we then have the
code issue...

Just relating my experiences. YMMV

Steve AKA Dr Deuce