Re: [MV] IHC Hydravac

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 04:00:29 PDT

I have seen newer IHC trucks and they have what appears to be the
same hydrovac as was a replacement for the one on the CCKW after
the war: single piston all guts on one end. You have to be careful as
there are many variables with these boosters, the most important is
do you get enough juice from the piston with an extra reserve for shoe
wear. As the shoes weare, it takes more fluid to push the shoes out.

I have a later type (diaphram) one that the local truck brake guy said
had the same volume and pressure boost as the CCKW one. It is
slightly larger in diameter (air chamber) and can be an 'interesting'
challenge to mount. It was about $220 with no exchange.

MID RV 2512140X vacuum booster

Steve AKA Dr Deuce