RE: [MV] M35A3

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 06:19:59 PDT

Hi Bjorn

I know where your coming from, but after the current engine problem I
feel much happier with a CAT under the bonnet, as I realised just how
totally shafted I would be if that happened in the middle of the saraha
with no civilisation for hundred of miles. Although I'm carrying loads
of spares, it will also be loads easier to find CAT spares and people
with a knowledge of CAT engines than an old Continental Multi-fuel...
which although is great I'm not 100% happy in the remotest parts with
it!

The latest on the current engine situation is that we have a pressure
drop on 2 cylinders.... we're striping it down at the moment and will
find out whats wrong and fix it up. The issue really comes to
reliability, yes we can fix the engine, but for my application with this
truck then it would be best to totally strip down and re-build or put in
a new engine, which is what lead to me looking at the A3!!

Many thanks
Mike
Michael Goodden
The Global Tipi Adventure