Multifuel cylender head torque

From: Sean Nichols (Sean.Nichols@xilinx.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 09:15:36 PDT

Greetings List,

I recently met a guy who has an M35A2C that belonged to his father. He
was telling me that up until a recent (?) upgrade to head gasket design,
that the cylinder head on the multifuel engine has to be regularly
re-torqued to prevent the gasket from failing. Is this true? And if
so, can someone shed some light on this for me as to how will I know if
I need to add this to my maintenance routine? Just when I start to feel
like I'm beginning to understand this truck, a new wrinkle presents
itself... ahh the life of a newbie deuce owner!

Thanks much,

Sean Nichols
'42 IHC FFN-3 Crash Truck
'71 AM General M35A2