You asked for sugestions

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 17:20:33 PDT

I wish there was a way to speed up the euc and form 97 process.

My truck is still at Fort Dix.

If someone steals something off of it I am out of luck, and
I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT IT OR GET IT HOME.
Why?,Because it takes the government three months or more to figure out that I'm
not a terrorist.
I could see all of this security if I were buying missiles or machine guns or
tanks, but this is a little much for a cargo truck.
This is just the regular government political correctness. Someone says that
cargo trucks are potentially subject to abuse, or sale to some foreign
government, who, presumably, could otherwise not move their cargo. So, we give
the buyers the same scrutiny as for f-15 parts.

Well, guess what, This affects the prices you get, and creates risk for the
buyer. It must reduce the vig that you guys get (20% of the purchase price).
and, multiplied by the thousands of euc applicable items, costs the government
millions, not to mention all the time that they spend on the actual
investigation which, in the case of a 20 year old cargo truck, is a total and
complete waste of taxpayer's money.

As a taxpayer, I want the government to get the most from the sales of surplus
property. In order to maximize profit, you have to fix this problem. Some
idiot wrote this regulation, and some smart person can recognize how idiotic it
is and change it.

That is my suggestion for your suggestion box.

I have sent your email to a few of my friends who also have an interest in the
sale of cargo trucks. Perhaps they may want to write to you as well.

On the positive side, I appreciate all of the work that you have put into the GL
sales process. The people whom I have spoken to at GL and drmo are honest,
polite and courteous people who are as flabbergasted by the ridiculous
procedures they are required to follow as am I.

And you take care too

Fred Schlesinger