Re: EUC approval time through GL

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 17:28:25 PDT

Hi, folks. I posted a message a while back regarding the dreadfully long wait
to get my EUC approved after winning the bid on a 5-ton 6x6 tractor in GL
auction 803, closing 3/14/2003. It finally got approved this week, and I
picked up my truck today. I had it towed home on a Landoll trailer, and it was
dropped off on the side of the dirt road running by my house, because the turn
into my driveway was a bit too tight for the truck driver to back his trailer
into my driveway. My project for this weekend will be to either get the truck
running and drive it onto my property, or hitch it up to the ol' 5-ton wrecker
and drag it. Here's the link to the item listing in case anybody's curious:

     http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=157757

I imagine I'll eventually put better pictures up on my web page, but I dunno
when I'll get around to that. I haven't decided what to do with this truck
yet. Options include getting a trailer for it, using it as a parts source for
my wrecker, or changing my mind about the whole thing and putting it on Ebay.
If its engine is in better shape than my wrecker's engine, then it might turn
into a parts truck (hmm, maybe I'll need another wrecker to swap out the
engine in my wrecker? :-). Aside from the 3-month wait for the EUC to clear,
it was pretty much an impulse buy. I'm sure that many of y'all understand. :-)
I don't have much use for a semi-tractor right now, but it was close and cheap....

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/