M151A2 clutch question

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 17:33:28 PDT

When I first start out with my M151A2, it shifts fine, runs great in all
gears. But after driving for about 10 miles or so, if I stop, as if at a
light or something, when I start back up first and second gear behave as
normal but I notice some slipping on third and fourth gear. It ultimately
gets up to speed and runs fine, but you can feel a little slip. I checked
and the clutch is adjusted to spec. and I just replaced it a year ago.
There is probably less than 250 miles on the clutch.

Any suggestions as to what to look for? After it sets a while it starts out
just fine and then the whole process repeats itself.

I would think that if the clutch was slipping, it would either slip all the
time, regardless of gear. And if it did slip, would it not do it more in a
lower gear?

Beat the heck out of me!
David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA #18115