Re: [MV] M35 unusual power increase/runnig out of fuel

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 10:10:35 PDT

Dont feel remotely embarrased.
Nearly everytime I took the M3A3 Stuart to a show I ran it out of gas in the
arena, getting it up on or down off the low boy, in a parade, moving it in
or out of a dispaly area - in fact it almost became an expected antic. A
particularlly memorable one was running out of gas in the halftrack at a
show, then flattening hte battery trying to re-start it - tow it with the
tank someone said - 30 seconds later it was out of gas too. The arena
marshall at the show called for fuel and from seemingly nowhere came several
cans of fairly dodgy fuel and we then got a Ward La france to tow start the
tank, as it was a pig to start when hot. Still the corwd were amused. I
never quite got the hang of judging how much gas it burnt - still its sold
now so my wallet can breathe easier.
Nige