Re: [MV] M35 unusual power increase

From: James Stead (gadget@EasyPath.com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 10:37:20 PDT

Yeah, agreed. I didn't even think about that. I didn't get those ballpark
numbers in fair tests (similar throttle positions and grade, etc.) but just
from a quick glance at the guages when I felt like I was "flying". I still
have a gut feeling that at the same RPM the truck was going faster, but
you're right...that doesn't make any sense at all. Strange how simple
observation can be so far off from reality sometimes.......

In the end, my ability to maintain a higher RPM/MPH was unquestionably
raised. I've heard dirt in the compensator so far, any other ideas?

Also, while I can back off on the throttle and watch my rpms closer, I
wonder if the new power is detrimental even at lower speeds. Any thoughts?

Jim