newbie question

From: Doc Bryant (rbhonk1@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 12:17:08 PDT

I have just brought home a M-37 that was quietly becoming a planter in a
friend's back yard. Prior to his ownership, it was owned by a small town in
Oklahoma. I think it served duty as a fire truck at some point, as
underneath the shabby white paint resides some shabby red paint, including
inside the cab.

The paint under the hood seems original. It's a shade of light grey. There
is some stencil printing on the underside of the hood in yellow.

I have the serial number from the title and that is about it. How do I go
about finding out what military unit had it previously? I would like to
title it in Texas as a Restored Military Vehicle so I would not have to have
a license plate.

Thanks in advance for the help. I have been reading some of the back posts
and have gotten the idea that I am in for both a great deal of work, and a
great deal of fun. I did not mention also a great deal of money. I was
trying to avoid that thought.

Doc Bryant

reply off list if you wish