Re: [MV] 24 Volt Amplifier and speakers?

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 09:31:28 PDT

Ryan M Gill wrote:

>> At 10:02 PM -0400 6/9/03, Paintball Plus wrote:
>> I ran a 20 watt Radio Shack amp off of a 110 volt inverter with a pair
>> of 12 inch speaker boxes for the Halloween parade last year. My music
>> could barely be heard over the music from the vehicles in front and
>> behind me. For this year's parade I plan on an minimum of an 80 watt
>> amp, but home to go much larger than that. The small amps are OK if
>> you're the only one with the music, but if you're trying to go
>> one-on-one with a kid with a $2000 stereo you won't stand a chance.
>

> I'm not sure that I want to out power them. I'm more looking to just
> shock them into submission. Would you crank your stereo if a armored
> tank thing swiveled it's turret and started playing bagpipe music at
> you? Though, perhaps a few more watts than 15 is in order. Hmm...

You have entirely the wrong approach Ryan...

Try one of these puppies - you can easily build one into your ferrets
spotlight as camouflage. Then just zap them and fry their electronics as
you pull away and you can giggle insanely for the rest of the day :-)

http://www.plans-kits.com/plans/emp.html

--
TTFN
Jim