Msg from the Biodiesel Board

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 06:19:07 PDT

Morning MVers,
I realize that biodiesel legislation may not be a full blooded MV subject,
but I for one plan on using it in a near future in my deuce as soon as all
the other little projects get cleared out of the way.
Anyway, I received the following message this morning and thought you may
have some interest in it:

Dear Member,

Please call or email your U.S. Senators to let them know the importance of
passing a Comprehensive Energy Bill this year that includes strong biodiesel
incentives. Biodiesel tax incentives and other pro-biodiesel measures are
already included in the Senate Energy Bill. However, there are reports that
the Senate may postpone action on the Energy Bill. You may recall that
Congress did not pass an Energy bill in 2001-2002, and this required
biodiesel legislation to be reintroduced in the current session of Congress.

Your senators can impress upon Senate Leadership that the Comprehensive
Senate Energy Bill--with its biodiesel incentives—is a key vote for America.
Please communicate that now is the time for approval of a Senate Energy bill
that supports biodiesel because it would provide the following benefits:

Economic boost to America, particularly rural communities.
Decrease U.S. dependence on foreign oil
Environment and health benefits through greater use of cleaner-burning
biodiesel.
The Capitol Switchboard can connect you with your senators' offices.
Please call 202-225-3121.

Thanks,
Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, Virginia