Humvee tires/rims on Chevy truck

From: Derek Strine (minimade@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 14:44:01 PDT

    Has anyone mounted Humvee run-flat rims/tires on a new style chevy 4x4?
I put a set on a CUCV style truck(ex crew-cab crash and rescue) , and the
rims set too far in, and tires rub during turns. There may be a spacer avail
for offsetting the tires but lots of work to put on longer studs. I would
love to build upon someone elses experience for both 1986 vintage Chevy and
new 2003 Chevy HD style before investing all that time to see if it will
work.

     To piggyback on Terry Lane's thoughts, perhaps Stocton Wheel or some
other vendor makes the rims for super-singles on both 21/2 ton and 5 ton
trucks....lots of 14.00x, and 16.00x Michelins avail.
        Derek