WW 2 steel and U boat salvage

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 20:30:09 PDT

I suppose I understand about salvaging old steel because new is contaminated
by background radioactivity - BUT = will it not contaminate the stuff that
is salvaged when it is processed??????

I read somewhere that all the drinking water is contaminated by DDT - and
they had to dig down in the ice cap to find some that was not - however when
someone drank it the act of drinking it contaminated it. DDT usage was so
wide spread "experts" say the entire earth is contaminated by it. Heck, I
remember "government men" coming around when I was a child and spraying,
house, barn, chicken house, dusting cows, dogs, chickens, people with it.
US Army had (and I have some) Louse powder in little cans that is 10% DDT
was issued Army wide for control of creepy crawlers on GI bodies that shall
go unnamed

Thus if the "old" steel is smelted will it not be contaminated??

or are "they" just going to whack pieces of it off and hammer them into
shapes needed????

Everette

I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE HILL,
FROM WHENCE DOES MY HELP COME,