Re: [MV] Guage removal?

From: mark baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 08:11:08 PDT

Eric
The gauges are held in with a retaining clip that goes behind the gauge,
held in place with screws (usually the screws that hold the wires to the
gauges) and then is bent around the gauge and presses against the back of
the dash. (its shaped like channel iron). Might I suggest that you invest in
a good Service/rebuild manual. This is eccentil for anyone who is rebuilding
a Jeep. Get one for your jeep model. I rebuilt a essential-A Flat fender
Jeep from the ground up in my garage, and I could not have done it with out
the service manual. (wish all these vehicles were as easy to rebuild as it
was). The manual would answer most of your questions.
Good Luck,
Mark M-886