Re: [MV] M-37 fun

From: David Jensen (dj362@gorge.net)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 03:28:17 PDT

Regarding M-37 fun:
Congratulations on getting your M-37 out and about, they are fun
trucks. I think you might scare yourself as much as your neighbors if
you were to do 70 in a M-37 without having "everything" nice and tight.
Remember that over-revving the flathead will shorten its life
considerably, they sound great revved up right until the rods start
knocking. Take care of them and keep the rpms down and they will hold
up to an amazing amount of work. I have stock gearing in my '53 CDN
M-37, and a solid rebuilt LA 318 truck motor, and I still prefer to
keep the top speed to about 48 mph. Steering, brakes, rpms, everything
feels about right at that speed. Maybe once I get some 11.00s on I'll
go a little faster...