REPEAL THE USA PATRIOT ACT - no mv, very important

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 06:00:41 PDT

I gathered the below from AIM/NCOM, a site for bikers,
but the way this act is drawn, it will affect our mv chapters,
the MVPA and individuals. This stuff is SCARY!
THE AIM/NCOM MOTORCYCLE E-NEWS SERVICE is brought to you by Aid to Injured Motorcyclists
(A.I.M.) and the National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM), and is sponsored by the Law
Offices of Richard M. Lester. For more Information, call us at 1-(800) ON-A-BIKE

REPEAL THE USA PATRIOT ACT
All over the country early in July there will be public hearings concerning the USA
PATRIOT Act. You all need to be aware of the dangerous precedent this madness
represents.

On Oct. 26, 2001, our Congress passed the most far-reaching snatch of liberty from the
American people ever passed. Never in the history of this nation has a law been passed
so quickly. It took only 11 days for this to take place. That is record time for our
Congress to act on anything. The events on 9/11 took the good sense out of our leaders
and we need to bring it to a screeching halt before our country winds up like Europe did
in the days of Hitler's rise to power.

These are just part of what this thing does to every citizen of this country not just
bikers. You can bet, however, we are the most immediate targets available.

1) Eliminates FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Government may monitor religious, labor, and
political institutions without having to suspect criminal activity, if it is to assist
"terror" investigation.

2) FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: Government has closed once-public immigration hearings, has
secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has encouraged bureaucrats to
resist public records requests.

3) FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other
records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed information related to a
terror investigation.

4) RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Government may monitor federal prison jailhouse
conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to American citizens
accused of crimes.

5) FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCHES: Government may search and seize Americans'
personal records, business documents and telephone/internet activity records without
probable cause, to assist alleged terror investigations.

6) RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL: Government may jail Americans indefinitely
without a trial.

7) RIGHT TO LIBERTY: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to
confront the witnesses against them.

What you have just read is just a sample of what your government has up it's sleeve
besides the arm. If you aren't shaken by these words I don't know what to tell you
except bend over and kiss your sweet patootee goodbye.