M-54 A1 mack engine and other ???

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 09:33:33 PDT

I just bought a M-54 A1 with the Mack engine. Does any one have Napa or
other non military filter #'s for this truck? Any thing special to look out
for with the Mack? Also this truck has a drop side cargo box first one I’ve
seen. is it common or not? I plan to put a grain box on it but the wheel
base is a bit short. Has any one ever extended the frame and wheel base on
one of these? Can the hydraulic pump for the steering be used to power a
hoist or should I buy a pto unit for the truck? Thanks, Adam Suess.