Re: [MV] M998 Question

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 19:14:45 PDT

Pfarrp@aol.com wrote:
> Would anyone know the proper placement for the antenna tie-down cord on a Humvee...Have the antenna installed and have the holdown clip and rope, but darned if I can figure where the proper place ti tie the rope to the vehicle is!
> Can anyone help?

If it's configured as a 4-door truck, then the by-the-book thing to do is to
install one of those rubber-cushioned pipe clamps on each side, near the top
of the "B" pillar (between the front and rear doors), and tie the ropes to
those. Some drilling is required. You're supposed to use a 1/4" bolt in a
through hole, but I installed a 1/4" riv-nut on each side to make it a bit
easier and neater. I don't know what's correct for the 2-door configurations,
though.

I don't have any close-ups, but here's an old picture of my truck back when it
was in that configuration:

   http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck2/p15.jpg

Now my truck is a 2-door with troop seats and the offset antenna brackets. I
don't know where the ropes should go, and I haven't found a place that I like yet.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/