Re: [MV] Desert Camouflage Pattern for an M884 Pickup

From: mark baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 22:53:55 PDT

Mel. the M884 was pretty much out of the Army's inventory when Desert
Storm/Shield happened, BUT the National Guard had a boat load of them still
in service and some did make it to the Gulf War.
 Do you want to paint it in the Pre 1990 4 color Camouflage pattern or do
you want to paint it in the Newer CARC 3 color pattern?
 If you chose the newer Car color, it would be the easiest to do, as it is
just sprayed in Camouflage sand and have no other colors.
 If you chose the older 4 color NON Car Camo Pattern there is a quite a bit
of painting to be done, It uses Sand, Field Drab Brown, black and one other
color that I can not remember. IM sure someone on the list will have a copy
of the 4 color Camo pattern.
  If I were to do the M-884, I would do it in the Car Sand color it would be
the best to do a Desert Storm paint job and would be authentic for that
truck.
 I would use the Gillespie paints as according to everyone on the list, its
holds up the best, and matches the Car paint well. it would be SAND 30277 I
believe.
 Good Luck
Mark M-886 (76 AMB)

PS Check your floor board under the floor Mat (if it still has it) the M-880
series rusted heavily there.