Re: [MV] M35 Rear axle seal conversion to oil-bath type

From: Recovry6x6@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 16:00:26 PDT

This sounds good in theory but I would question just a few things. Since the
engineers never designed the drive axle to lube the bearings, I would proceed
cautiously until I was certain that adequate lube is reaching the bearings.
Finding a seal with all the corrections may be futile at best. Assuming that you
do find the seal and assuming that it does lubricate correctly the question
is why do this? With grease in there you have the certainty that it is
lubricated and you can pull an axleshaft without worrying if enough gear oil is in the
hub. This is my opinion and I'm open for other viewpoints.
Kenny