MV's and Gun Mounts

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 18:24:33 PDT

On a lot of MV's today..quite a few guys want the guns up there..fine. They
look great...whether it is a dummy or a semi or a full live weapon..just use
common sense when driving in public. I want one on my GPW..and now do.!
If you have a dummy built..the parts kits are outrageous today.. It is
better to have a semi built..like I did... an M2 Browning .50....But...stay
away from Bill "M" in Idaho. He built mine..charged me about $1300..and when
I got it back and finally got to haul it out to shoot...It was the biggest
piece of crapola on the planet. ( I believe he lied to me about test firing
it..it showed no signs of having been fired) He milled out too much where
the barrel lock is supposed to seat..and stay locked when the barrel is
in..Well--I could screw the barrel out with the gun in battery and a round
in the chamber..neat. Then his trigger is really great..first shot and it
fell apart.. The piece never did get to fire 2 rounds in a row. After the
shoot - I pulled the thing apart and totally re-did everything he did... I
re-designed the trigger ..welded in the slot for the barrel lock
spring..added the piece on the rear of the right side plate that was left
off...re-drilled the hole for the bolt /action return spring and rod.. It
was too far forward and the end did not go into the back plate like it is
supposed to. I had to re-do the slot for the charging handle and pin for
the bolt..it was too low..and the fool cut a groove in the pin to clear the
side plate.?/ dork.. Anyway...NEVER send anything to this goober...he does
the hand work of a 3 toed sloth...
One round actually exploded because the weapon fired out of battery.....Not
a nice feeling.. Gene