Re: [MV] 28 Volt Generator

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 11:36:36 PDT

Mark,
The military calls these "generators" but they are really alternators which produce alternating
current (AC) then rectify the AC to DC, (direct current). I guess that the military stuck with the
name "generator" so as not to confuse the doggies and grunts in the motor pool. Another clue that
they are alt. is that they are "reversible"
Here's some manuals that may help you.
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/018444.pdf
is the 60A alternator
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/049797.pdf
is the 100A alternator.
The rectifiers (diodes) and regulator are built into the 60A alt., but are in an external box for
the 100A model.
GL,

Buzz