Re: [MV] Backwards Threading

From: Todd Logan (bugdaddy66@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 12:46:12 PDT

Howdy List;
TM says Left Hand (reverse) thread on left (drivers) side, Right on right.
Many time hubs and axles can get put on the wrong side, so check carefully.
Front hubs on most rigs and rear hubs on full floating axles are the easiest
to mix up. On my M35, one of the rear hubs was wrong on each side when I got
it! The idea was that the motion of the wheel on the hub durring normal
driving would tend to tighten the nut as you drove. Proved not to be needed
with wedge type lugnuts.

Todd Logan
321 Hwy 135 So.
Plains, MT. 59859