PRC 77

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 20:38:32 PDT

I have several..not for sale at any price...
One day - several years ago..I had one of them mounted in my 151A1...I was
out in the yard listening to some Army transmissions..when I started
changing frequencies...I heard a familiar voice..! It was my neighbor on his
portable house phone..chewing out his niece for being such a pest.. I keyed
the mike and said "give her a break grump"..... Several days later..I said
to him, "Al, why do you pick on your niece.?" He near fainted..
Another time, while scanning about on the 77, I heard another familiar
voice.. It was my nasty neighbor in town where we used to live...she was
scolding her grandson..They had a remote speaker set up to transmit if the
kid cried in his crib while the neighbor was baby sitting..the pickup
speaker was in their kitchen..I was picking up every word.. Be careful with
the 77's...they are pretty good ..too good..they also get a lot of radio
phones and cell phones.!! Gene