M35A2 engine/steering box clearances?

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 11:42:13 PDT

Folks - still looking over and finding the little details that have gone
wrong with this truck - just the usual old truck symptoms, I guess. One of
the things I've noticed is that there's very little clearance (as in about
1/8") between the steering box and the injector pump. Anyone have an idea as
to what the correct clearance should be? I'm going to loosen up the engine
and tranny mounts, try to get a pry bar into the mounts on one side (or
maybe a bottle jack pressing against a 2x4 for load distribution?) and move
the engine over for a bit better clearance.

Thoughts?

Greg
Vista, CA