Humvee Fan Clutch

From: Joe Boone (jboone@accucomm.net)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 12:46:21 PDT

To the Mil-Veh List:
I need info/help regarding the hydraulic fan clutch on my 1987 M998.
The clutch is obviously engaged continuously because of the noise. The
temp. gauge stays at about 180 degrees. Is there a way to disable the
clutch completely or a diagnostic procedure to determine whether it's
the clutch itself, the solenoid, or the time delay module? Don't have a
set of manuals yet, and don't know whether this is covered in the manuals.
Anyone have experience with the kits to convert to the regular
thermostatic clutch? Advantages/Disadvantages?
Thanks in advance.
Joe