Re: [MV] Humvee Fan Clutch

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 13:07:42 PDT

Joe, I don't remember the exact working temperature
for a humvee but I remember from my father saying
that the indicator need to be around the midle of the
scale. 180 degrees celsius ? probably higth. I will
prefeer maintan using the hidraulic clutch for the
fording water thing
unless you don't like to take a bath with your car!
you can test if it disengages with the switch for the
fording
        my clutch was leaking a little, since the price for a
new cluch is about 600 I probably have to open it to
see what is wrong, Steve at Owens export told me that
there was some kind of kit for o-ring seals If I don't
find the o-ring I will have to make some.
I don't see a reason for the noise
Alejandro

 --- Joe Boone <jboone@accucomm.net> escribió: > To
the Mil-Veh List: