M345 10 Ton Trailer

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 20:25:06 PDT

I looked at a 10 ton trailer today, (M345). It was in good shape and I
think it would pull nicely behind my M51 dump.

My concern regarding the trailer is the height. The ID tag says it is 55
inches high to the top of the deck and I would say that might be
conservative. Are those trailers stable being up that high?

The rear suspension looks a lot like my M51 with the pivoting center hanger
and the axles being held up by the ends of the huge leaf springs. Is there
any practical way to lower these trailers so they are down around semi
height?

Dave