Re: [MV] MB & GPW

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 17:36:03 PDT

Bob, before all happy july 4
      the Ford GPW that I have has the "square type"
front chasis reinforcement, that is one of the
diferences, the Willys MB is round type, like the Cj2
in the GPW Ford stamp lots of F letter in pieces all
around the jeep (I do´t know why )
my understanding is that both use the same engine and
transmisions, I think the history behind this is that
willys can not acomplish all the demands and ARMY give
the drawings to Ford to make the same car,
one interesting thing is that the GPW and MB are
faster than the subsecuent jeep CJ2A
   if you have a MB or GPW there is a place in the net
that I found they send you drawings of parts for you
to reproduce it

 I always like to think that in my past life I help
with the design of that machine

simple and effective, freedom and no limits

Alejandro

M988 1985 in process
GPW 1942 in process

Not knowing a whole lot about light MV's, what is