DNR, M35, Fire Dept.

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 17:36:17 PDT

Hello list,

Well most of you probably already know, but I am getting a bed off a M35
from our local fire dept. Its a 1970 M35a2 multifuel with winch. The
battetries are shot, and I do not have a 24v charger, so I hooked the
battery chager to 1 battery, put it on 70 amp start, then hooked a set of
jumper cables to our van (This was all at the fire station, at 2 am, we had
just gotten back from detail). So I got it started, and the lt.of our
station drove it to our house (I have not taken the emergency vehicle
accident prevention class yet, so I could not do it).So anyways, I came
back, and drove it further in our driveway, at 2 am. Well i kinda fell in
love with the truck. The dept. is getting rid of it, back to DNR. Me and the
lt. would like to get the truck, and just keep it at his place, and I can
get a bed elsewheres for the 211. The only problem is the truck is a loan
from DNR. There is a plate rivited to the dash saying cant be traded or
sold, etc, without permisiion from DNR. Does anyone know how hard it would
be to get the truck, or has anyone ever done this before? Its a nice truck,
runs great, a beast to drive (More than the m211). So I though I would throw
that out, and see if anyone knew about this.

Thanks a lot,

Caleb