Re: [MV] batteries

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 18:06:22 PDT

Hi Paul...

Yes, you must completely dissolve EDTA powder in a small amount of tap
or distilled water before adding it to your battery! Otherwise you
will have EDTA crystals in the bottom of your battery for a LONG time.

Distilled water is always best for battery use, only because tap water
contains minerals that are best not introduced into your battery
chemistry. Check out your water company's water analysis next time
they send it out with your bill, and you'll see all the other stuff
that is in tap water. Distilled water is pure water because none of
the minerals will transfer in the steam during the distillation
process.