advice needed

From: Mike Pilcher (candlewickjeep2@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 10:29:23 PDT

This is MV related if airplanes count. Forgive the off topic direction
I'm going, but you list members always come thru.

I have some WWII identification aircraft silhouettes made of the hard
rubber like substance. One or two of them were bent WAY out of shape.
I tried heating them to soften them and bend them back to no avail.
Then I put them in hot water and this worked perfectly.........except
since I did that, and it's been over 10 years, those two planes have
been oozing a wet watery black ink!! There has got to be a reverse to
this process. I'm no chemist. Is there a listmember that can give
advice on how to stop this? These planes are really nice, except
they're wet with ink.
These planes have been in storage so it hasn't really mattered, but now
I'm ready to display them. All help is appreciated.
Again, I hope this isn't too far off topic.

Mike Pilcher