End Supports for Dropside Troop Seats Wanted

From: Bruce Kalin (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 04:18:41 PDT

I am looking for the four vertical supports that go on the ends of the
dropside bed. These differ from the standard bed supports in that they have:

1. An additional bracket with a hole, which is next to the "U"
bracket that the troop seat attaches to
2. A hole closer to the bottom of the bracket (you can't see it when
it is inserted into the side of the bed) that allows the "L" shaped
retaining clip on the side of the dropside to be inserted into the
support. This keeps the dropside troop seats from falling out of the bed
when the sides are lowered.
3. A small clip on the wider side of the support that is used to clip
in the "support rod" that goes from the hole in the back of the dropside
bed to the vertical support. This rod gives the sides some additional
support when the tailgate is in the down position.

I am willing to purchase, or trade for the supports that belong on the
standard bed. My dropside truck has the incorrect vertical end pieces.
As far as I am aware the rest of the troop seat sides are the same for
the dropside and standard side bed.

I have photos that show the difference if anyone needs to see them for
further clarification.

Thanks,
Bruce

--
Bruce Kalin (East Coast Convoy Coordinator)
The Largest Historic Military Vehicle Convoy in US History