1955 M170 Front Line Ambulance Jeep for Sale

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 09:59:16 PDT

Hi Everyone,

I'm selling my M170 Ambulance Jeep. We've been using it for almost a year
now and hate to see it go, but I've got a couple WC's I really want to get
done and I need the garage space. (The $ won't hurt either.)

These ambulance jeeps are pretty rare, and finding one as complete as this
is even rarer. Mechanically it is basically the same as the more common
M38-A1, but the M170 was lengthened to hold stretchers. With the top in
place the jeep could accommodate three litter cases. I don't have the top
bows, but it looks like all the brackets and tie downs associated with the
ambulance functions are still in place.

The truck looks to have spent its life here in the desert… it is rust free.
The sheet metal is straight and the paint is decent, although there are
little dings and scratches. The 24 volt electrical system is unaltered and
works fine. The engine runs great and it shifts easily through all gears,
high and low range, and four wheel drive. Front differential leaks slightly
after a long drive. Other than that, no notable drips to deal with. The
brakes work fine, although the parking brake needs adjustment.

I've listed it on eBay. See:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423585551

You can see more photos and get more details at:
http://www.surplustrucks.com/m170/index.htm

Feel free to email or call me with questions.

Thanks,

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Elsinore, CA