Re: [MV] Dot 3 or Dot 5

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 11:41:57 PDT

Then consider me a 5 year test case.

I purchased 3 gallons of Dot 5 from Gene a year or so ago, but before that
I was using Civy DOT 5 bought from NAPA (it is clear). I've been using the
Mil Dot 5 I purchased from Gene and it acts just like the Civy DOT 5 I
bought from NAPA. No discernable difference, except for the price and the
color.

The reason I use DOT 5 in my M51 is that it is stenciled on the inside of
the passenger door and there is a bright yellow sticker on the dash that
says Use DOT 5 only or something like that. I got the hint and only use
DOT 5.

My truck has had a slow brake fluid leak since I got it. I have to refill
the master cylinder every 3 months or so. It doesn't get better or worse.
 I'm pretty sure it is the master cylinder. But the brakes work great, I
can lock up all 6 wheels and I check the brake fluid level before I drive
it, that's a rule.

Dave

--
Dave